Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Flashback











My, how things change in four years. The last time the calendar showed February 29, I still worked in an office, we still lived on the other side of the state, and there was still just one little running around our house.


I barely recognize the munchkin in these photos from early 2008. Was Bianca ever this tiny? Now, she reads and writes and (still) wants a cell-phone and pierced ears. Sigh.











Bianca in February 2008: 2 years old
















Even crazier--when the next leap year rolls around in 2016, I'll have a nine-year-old and a six-year-old. As the kids get older, life gets busier and more complicated, so I know the next four years will fly. I can't say what they'll hold or what my life will look like or what our kids will be into the next time February 29 arrives, but I know one thing: We won't be bored.

No comments: