Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Delicious autumn!

I came across a beautiful quote about my favorite season:

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
--George Eliot

We've had a gorgeous autumn with our girls and some great fall experiences. Here are some photos from last month that I never got around to posting.

We met Steve's folks at Remlinger Farms. The place is amazing--although, not so much a farm. It's more of a carnival for kids. I don't think we encountered a speck of dirt on our entire visit. Not that that's a bad thing.

Bianca's first ride!

We got more of a real farm experience a couple of weeks later at Schiltin's Farm in Olympia.


Hayride!

Pumpkin pickin'.

Finally, we had a park playdate at Wright Park (yes, Bianca opted to wear her giraffe Halloween costume from last year). I love the enormous, ancient trees at this park--we were standing underneath one, and it started "raining" acorns! We got bonked on the head a few times but we collected a bunch.


All in all, a practically perfect fall.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Love that B wore her costume!! Too funny:).

Kora said...

Malia, your fam looks so cute in these pics! Love the hayride shot of Bianca or the close up shot.