Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meanwhile, back at the gym

When we emerged from Mia's newborn phase a few months back, I decided it was time to get B back into a class of some sort. We gave her a few choices (I was subtly pushing for ballet) but she chose gymnastics--again.

Not that I dislike gymnastics. But parent & child gymnastics is a workout for everyone involved. Probably even more for the parents than for the kids. And the class is a solid hour long. A bit long for her attention span--and mine.

But Steve is the one to take her to the classes these days, so it's actually not so bad for me. :)

Since this was the last class of the session, I tagged along to snap some pics.

She loves the back walkover station. She wanted to go over, and over, and over.

Trampoline time!

I was impressed with this little maneuver!

Getting a workout on the bars.

B was born to run and jump, and she's a natural at this stuff. She adores it. Are we our way to the Olympics? Time will tell. I'd still like her to try some different classes, but for now, we have a little gymnast on our hands. Can't wait for the 4-5 year old class--the parents get to sit and watch while the teachers do the heavy lifting. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

She looks more and more like you to me every day! Fun seeing you this weekend. She was so cute sneaking little pieces of the pineapple before dinner. She likes dipping the food in the fondue, but not eating it so much. :)