Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Book exchange

I've been wanting to host a book exchange for Bianca and friends, so we planned one for this week--I thought it was good timing for a "back to school" themed playdate. I really wanted to thin out and refresh her book collection but wasn't sure how it would go over with Bianca, since she's attached to all of her books (in fact, she gets attached to any book that crosses our threshold!). And two-year-olds aren't known for their sharing. :) But, it was a hit. Between looking over all of the new books ("Lookit all the BOOKS mama!!!!") and playing with her friends, she had a ball. When it was time for her friends to leave she announced "Books STAY HERE!" Everyone got a few new books, and we'll donate the extras to charity.


Tonight I'm carpooling to my first ICAN meeting--the International Cesarean Awareness Network's Seattle Chapter, to talk VBAC. I'm trying to surround myself with as many positive success stories as possible as we get closer to the due date. And, AHEM, my ticker makes it loud and clear--we have fewer than 60 days until Deuce arrives!!!! Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a great idea Malia. I love it--books and toys can overtake a house so this is a great way to get rid of a few in a fun way. Amy had a VBAC and everything was great--you are going to be just fine. :) I can't believe you only have 2 months!! exciting