Thursday, October 16, 2008

Penguins, pumpkins, and mom hair

We had an awesome fall weekend: pumpkin patch, zoo, and we got a free child ID kit through http://www.wachip.org/.

B was enraptured with the "pengins". "Happy Feet" is her favorite movie--she only watches the dancing scenes--and I think she couldn't believe she was seeing them in the flesh!




True to her little overachiever personality, B was determined to carry the pumpkin herself.


She's going through a lovely "don't look at the camera" phase, but we did manage to get one shot.

My new "mom hair!" Since I have about zero minutes to get ready each morning, I needed something low-maintenance. I got it cut Saturday by Douglas at Au Courrant. This means more frequent trims and more trips up to Mercer Island...poor, poor me.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately--I think I'm back in the overtired cycle that creeps up on me now and then (too tired to sleep). I don't want to go down the road of "real" sleeping pills--yet, anyway--so I'm trying 1.5 mg of melatonin in the evenings. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: