Thursday, August 13, 2009

28 weeks

I had my 28-week appointment on Monday and the big news is that I beat 10-to-1 odds and PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST! WHOOO HOOOO! Since I missed the test by a few points last time and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes (perfectly controlled with diet), I had a 90% chance of having it again this time. It will be soooo nice not to have to check my blood sugar four times a day while running after Bianca.

I'm feeling good, but more tired. Yoga and chiropractic are really helping to keep me feeling good, but the pregnancy is still taking its toll. Steve and I are taking advantage of his last few weeks off and busy making changes to the house and furniture to prep for our new family member. We thought adding a second child to the family would be easy because we already have most of the "stuff"--WRONG! We're cleaning out an office, switching B's room, and switching out all of our living room furniture to create extra space--this also entailed cleaning and rearranging the basement and getting rid of a few things on Craigslist. Oh, and I'm shopping for Bianca's fall and winter clothes, Halloween costume, and Christmas gifts too. Who would have thought a tiny person could create such a whirlwind of work?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Great news Malia! :) You look so cute in the pics below. I was supposed to start yoga this week but it didn't happen so hoping next week for sure. I wish we lived closer so we could do it together.